Although I think it’s really fun to look at the top 9 Instagram posts for the year, on this last day of the year, I thought I would share my personal favorites. Pictures that mark a milestone, time or event that are special to me and for which I am thankful. Not shown in these pictures are my husband and son, who I am so,so grateful, who bring me up and cheer me on everyday to make my art dream a reality. For without their support, there would be no top 9.
1. I am grateful for my sketchbooks. A place where I can communicate my true self, without judgement and fear.
2. For Kellee Wynne and @experiencetrucolors community. One of my pieces was selected for a Color Crush Creative color palette at the beginning of the year. I am so thankful for this great group of like minded artists.
3. Sixteen years ago, we started @shopresoul on a hunch that people could appreciate beautiful shoes. I visit Italy twice a year and never tire of it. The Navigli is like a second home to me and I am so thankful that I get to cross it’s bridges on my way to the trade show so I can capture shots like this.
4. I entered a contest @minted on a whim and was jury selected to sell art on there site. A major boost of confidence.
5. A found picture of my parents who are no longer with us. I will be forever grateful to @gr8ful_1_ for unearthing this beautiful picture of my mom and dad.
7. Getting ready for my first out of state art show with @rockpaperscissorsgoods in Minneapolis. So grateful for the opportunity.
8. When I found out that making collages on the fly could be fun, less time consuming and a great exercise in staying creative, even when you only have 20 minutes.
9. My real aha moment when I started to create my Smoke and Mirrors series. I had my first show at a local coffee shop and sold 6 pieces. Major confidence boost!
All in all, a pretty great 2018! I hope you have a great new year filled with love, peace and prosperity! Thank you for stopping by.